Fashion comes in many forms. My friend Kathryn Graves is passionate about nutrition and health, both crucial for dream tending, but she also knows the value of appearance. When we match our efforts inside and out, we can hit a dream tender’s sweet spot.
What we wear, especially as women, we express our personalities. What we wear can affect how we feel, it sets the tone for the day, and impacts our outlook. Especially if you grew up with low self-esteem or a low self image, intentionality in your fashion choices can transform not only how others view you, but how you view yourself.
Fashion is more than a surface topic. Kathy gained confidence from becoming more put together on the outside. And whether we’re male or female, what we put on the outside can affect our inside.
She shares the story of a man who would get up in the morning, take a shower, dress in corporate casual clothes, go to a coffee shop, drive around the block, then come back to his home office ready to start the day. It helped him get serious and stay disciplined with the work he needed to do. Dressing for the day made him feel like he was ready to dig in.
Something as simple as intentional order can make a huge difference in our energy level, how we see ourselves, and how we do our work. The order around us can create order inside us—or conversely—chaos around us can create chaos inside us.
A woman’s clothes closet is a good example. When we clean out our closets, we can actually find we have more than when we started. Putting your surroundings in order can help you order your dreams. For instance, if you can’t find the resources you need to put your hands on, you can lose a great deal of time hunting.
It also affects your concentration. You can’t focus on your work when you are distracted by disorder.
The good news for dream tenders, is that chaos and disorder are preventables for dream tenders. We can decide to take a proactive approach to the clutter in and around us, and then make a fresh start cleanup.
- What preventables can or should you address proactively to help you tend your dreams?
- Do you start your dreams off each day by dressing for success?
- Where can you clean up some chaos to put your dreams back in their priority place?
Your fashion focus can affect your dream focus.
This episode’s Dream Tending Tips:
- Don’t wallow in your weaknesses. If you are a messy organized person like me, don’t use that as an excuse to maintain your disorderly ways and imprison yourself in chronic chaos.
- Your heart is like your closet. Things can get stuffed in there, and it can get overloaded with junk. When you clean out your clothes closet, don’t forget to clean out your heart’s closet as well.
- If your spiritual life is chaotic, then you miss out on the peace and natural order that can help you when your dream tending load feels heavy.
- Pursue ongoing education connected to helping you hone the craft of your dreams. Layer what you learn, to deepen the effect of the knowledge you gain.
- Do your homework, as a practical and practiced way to apply what you learn.
- People make approximately 43 assumptions about you during their first impression of you, based on how you look. Smart dream tenders make the effort to display their best when leaving the nest.
- Raise your energy when you start the day. If you go out, choose energizing colors, fabrics, and styles that make you feel confident. If you work from home, dress as if you are going to work somewhere else—it will heighten your energy and your productivity.
- Let people see the you behind your eyes, but not choosing distracting clothing styles. How we present ourselves can determine whether doors of opportunity open or close.
Find out more about Kathryn Graves and discover her amazing book at kathryngraves.com. If you need to improve your order, style, or sense of self, Kathryn is someone you’ll want to follow!
Grab the Tending Your Dreams’ free giveaway at tendyourdreams.com/freebie38 for your gift, just for tuning in. I also have some special eBook pricing for you.
Type in the code TYDeb50 to get your copy of 4×4 Habit Overhaul, or One Minute Intervals™: Sixty Seconds to a Healthier, Foodier You, or Depression Busters, at over half off the normal price. Purchase a book bundle using the same code, and save even more.
But ACT NOW, before this special eBook discount offer is gone.
Until next time, remember, your dreams are waiting for you to grab and tend:
Never stop believing.
Dare to dream bigger.
Host Anita Agers Brooks can be found on various social media platforms, and you can discover additional dream tending tips at tendyourdreams.com.