To make any dream come true, and to maintain them when we do, we need our health. Susan reminds us all, “We must take care of our bodies so we can make it through this life gracefully.”
Susan Neal is a beautiful inside and outside nurse and certified health practitioner by day, but for years, she carried a secret in her soul. It began while she filled the role of stay-at-home mom for twenty years, but she ended up following a different path for quite some time. Actually, her work in healthcare is still a parallel path to her dreams today.
Starting in her early 50’s, Susan decided she wanted to be an author. She needed something to fill her heart and her own creativity. So if you think life has passed your dreams by, then you will want to listen in to this inspiring entrepreneur. Remember what I so often say, “It’s never too late for a fresh start with fresh faith!”
Not everyone understands what their dreams are from childhood. Many of us have dreams that lay fallow for years, until one day, you realize you have a drive and a desire to pursue something in particular.
In reality, Susan’s work in healthcare created a foundation for her writing dreams. She invested in learning all she could about her passions, then she lived them out, until she was fully equipped to pass her knowledge and wisdom on to other people. This is a piece too many aspiring dream-tenders miss. We must live and experience what we want to teach, if we are to be effective.
Susan’s insights were great, but as this interview continued, I did not want to miss the opportunity to glean Susan’s wisdom on taking care of ourselves, so we are equipped for healthy dreaming. She is a wealth of insight when it comes to infusing us and our dreams for living our best.
- What symptoms is your body using to signal that you need to make changes?
- Are you at your prime when it comes to having the energy and endurance needed for healthy dreaming?
- Do you realize how much people evaluate you by how you look and respond?
Healthier choices will give you strength to live your dreams longer, to make better impressions, and to truly enjoy what you do.
This episode’s Dream Tending Tips:
- Eighty percent of the time, eat well. When you don’t deprive yourself completely, you are more likely to sustain a healthier lifestyle.
- When traveling, look for a grocery store to grab a quick snack or meal in place of a drive-thru.
- If you must choose a fast food option, look for healthy foods—most offer at least one.
- Focus on the perimeter of the grocery store. Avoid processed, packaged, and boxed foods that hide in the middle aisles.
- Eat lots and lots of vegetables. Half of your plate should be filled with fresh, raw vegetables.
- Eat low sugar fruits, green apples, berries, plums, grapefruit, and avoid high sugar foods like melons, cantaloup.
- Avoid wheat if possible. Quinoa, brown rice, barley, are good replacements for wheat as your grain. Avoiding wheat alone can help you lose 1-2 pounds per week.
- Add a half a handful of raw nuts for some added protein.These are especially good for those times when you feel hurried and harried. For quick, on-the-go healthier snacks, get some little bags of raw nuts to keep with you.
- Keep a green apple with you at all times.
- Eating healthier will help you feel better, look better, lose weight, and clear up a lot of brain fog. These are crucial elements to successful dream tending.
To take advantage of Susan’s free 7 Day No Sugar Wheat-Free Challenge, go to susanuneal.com/7daychallenge and don’t forget to check out her website susanuneal.com. Her best-selling book, 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates is helping people make changes that support healthier lives and healthy dreaming.
Grab the Tending Your Dreams’ free giveaway at tendyourdreams.com/freebie33 for your gift, just for tuning in. I also have some special eBook pricing for you.
Type in the code TYDeb50 to get your copy of 4×4 Habit Overhaul, or One Minute Intervals™: Sixty Seconds to a Healthier, Foodier You, or Depression Busters, at over half off the normal price. Purchase a book bundle using the same code, and save even more.
But ACT NOW, before this special eBook discount offer is gone.
Until next time, remember, your dreams are waiting for you to grab and tend:
Never stop believing.
Dare to dream bigger.
Host Anita Agers Brooks can be found on various social media platforms, and you can discover additional dream tending tips at tendyourdreams.com.